1st Study Assignment
1. This Book is a story of what?
2. What has this Book become and why?
3. What does this mean to you?
FOREWORD TO FIRST EDITION
4. Who authored this Book?
5. Why did they bother to publish it?
6. What is the only requirement for membership?
7. At this point, what else do you need to know?
FOREWORD TO SECOND EDITION
8. What is the single most important piece of information you got from this
FOREWORD TO THIRD EDITION
9. When does recovery begin in SAA?
FOREWORD TO FOURTH EDITION
10. What is the most important thing that SAA provides members?
11. Why am I POWERLESS over lust and selfish sex?
12. Why is my life UNMANAGEABLE?
13. What must I experience if I am to survive this killer?
14. As I read BILL’S STORY, I should look for the things that happened to him as
the result of his drinking and see how many have happened to me. I should pay
attention to the emotions he experienced and see how they match what I have
felt. I’ll make a list of them. I will see what happened to him that hasn’t
happened to me YET.
THERE IS A SOLUTION
15. On page 17, list the 3 points that Bill made.
16. What is more important than not acting out?
17. Identify the 3 types of addicts and see which one fits me.
18. Where does the real problem of the chronic sex addict exist?
19. Why is it important that I put the Program to the test now rather than 90 days or
so from now?
20. What is my SOLUTION?
MORE ABOUT ALCOHOLISM
21. As I STUDY this Chapter, I need to look for the experiences, feelings, emotions
and thoughts I’ve had that compare to those expressed by the Authors.
22. To what must I fully concede?
24. What 5 or 6 lessons did I learn from the story of the man who age 30?
25. What did I learn from Jim’s story?
26. What is the precise definition of what he did?
27. What is the precise definition of what I did?
28. What lessons did I learn from Fred’s story?
29. What did he find when he put our Program to the test?
30. What are the answers to the test in the 1st paragraph?
31. If my answers were “no” to those two questions, what am I?
32. What is my only hope?
33. What is my real dilemma?
34. What is the main object of this Book?
35. What one short question must I answer?
36. What will happen as soon as I can say “yes” to that question?
37. Where is it that I will find God?
HOW IT WORKS
38. How does it work?
39. What is THE Program?
40. What is the “root” of my problems?
41. What is Step Three?
42. Am I completely willing to do this?
43. WHEN do I take this Step?
44. HOW do I take this Step?
45. WHAT will be the results?
46. What follows my “Decision?”
47. WHEN am I to take Step Four?
48. Where do I find the clear-cut directions for taking Step Four?
49. How many Prayers did I find?
50. List them.
51. What am I looking for in taking this Step?
52. What PROMISES did I find?
53. List them.