2nd Study Assignment
Note: This Chapter contains the clear-cut directions for Steps Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten & Eleven, therefore we’ll break up your study of this Chapter to learn WHEN to take each Step, HOW to take each Step, WHAT the RESULTS or PROMISES are and the PRAYER(S) for each Step.
1. What is the best reason for taking Step Five?
2. What truth do I see about myself on page 73?
3. WHEN do I take Step Five?
4. HOW do I take Step Five?
5. WHAT are the PROMISES of Step Five?
6. What do I do before I take Step Six?
7. What are the Fifth Step PRAYERS?
8. WHEN do I take Step Six?
9. HOW do I take Step Six?
10. What is the Sixth Step PRAYER?
11. WHEN do I take Step Seven?
12. What is the Seventh Step PRAYER?
13. WHAT am I praying for?
14. WHAT do I have?
15. WHEN did I get it?
16. WHAT am I to do?
17. What is the Eighth Step PRAYER?
18. WHY did I come to Sex Addicts Anonymous?
19. WHAT is my real purpose?
20. With what will they be impressed?
21. I am to go to them in what frame of mind?
22. What do I confess?
23. What if I owe money?
24. What if I have committed a criminal offense?
25. What PRAYER have I been given for this problem?
26. What if someone might be negatively affected by my amend?
27. What PRAYER am I given for this event?
28. What if there has been infidelity on my part?
29. What PRAYER have I been given for this situation?
30. What about amends to my family?
31. What PRAYER have I been given to ask God to continue to make me different?
32. What about the spiritual life?
33. If I have been painstaking in following the directions, what will be the results?
34. Where am I in relationship to the 1st One Hundred?
35. Can I be casual about taking this Step?
36. WHEN am I to begin to take Step Ten?
37. What have I entered?
38. What is my next function to be?
39. How long must I continue to apply this Step to my daily life?
40. WHAT do I watch for? (What Step?)
41. WHEN one of these appears, what is the 1st thing I am to do? (What Step?)
42. WHAT is the next thing I am to do? (What Step?)
43. Then WHAT might I need to do? (What Step?)
44. And lastly, with a determined effort, what am I to do? (What Step?)
45. WHAT is the 1st PROMISED result?
46. WHAT other results am I PROMISED?
47. What are the Tenth Step PRAYERS?
48. Are they optional?
49. What is required to make Step Eleven really work?
50. At bedtime, WHAT am I to do?
51. Am I able to find both PRAYER and MEDITATION in this exercise?
52. HOW am I to start my day?
53. Am I able to find both PRAYER and MEDITATION in this exercise?
54. HOW am I to end my “quiet time”?
55. WHAT am I to do all through the day?
56. What PROMISES have I found?
STEP TWELVE – WORKING WITH OTHERS
Step Twelve has three parts;(1) the PROMISE, (2) our Primary Purpose and (3) our Secondary Purpose which will be covered in “Study Assignment Three.” If you have carefully followed the directions to this point, you are ready to begin “sponsoring” the sex addicts who still suffer and are willing to go to any length for victory over lust and acting out. This is what we do to grow spiritually and continue to enjoy our sobriety. We come to SAA because lack of power was our dilemma. Through the 1st nine Steps, we are given the Power to recover. To receive more of the Power that permits us to live a life that is filled with peace, serenity and purpose, we MUST try to pass it on to others. Remember, if Confession (Step Ten) and prayer and meditation (Step Eleven) would do the job, there would be no priests in SAA!
The PROMISE – “Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps.”
Our PRIMARY PURPOSE – “we tried to carry this message to Sex Addicts.”
57. What is the most important thing I have learned from page 89?
58. What did I learn from page 90?
59. What did I learn from page 91?
60. What did I learn from page 92?
61. What did I learn from page 93?
62. What did I learn from page 94?
63. What did I learn from page 95?
64. What did I learn from page 96?
65. What did I learn from page 97?
66. What did I learn from page 98?
67. What did I learn from page 99?
68. What did I learn from page 100?
69. What did I learn from page 101?
70. What did I learn from page 102?
71. What did I learn from page 103?
NOW, I am ready to search out, go to and approach a serious luster to see if they appear to be a real sex addict and have the willingness to go to any length to survive. If they are, I will try to carry my message of understanding and hope by telling them my story of what my life was like as a serious luster. How I learned what sex addiction is and how I learned that I have this deadly disease. IF they express the desire to really whip their lusting problem and are curious to learn how I accomplished that impossible feat, I will tell them how I took the practical plan of action by following the precise and clear-cut directions that have proved to be so successful since 1939. And then, I will tell them a little of what my life is like now. If they want what I have, then I will see that they have a Big Book and make myself available to them as long as they are willing to follow our path.
When a few, of those you have tried to help, have found themselves, and have started trying to pass their story of the miracle of their recovery to others, you will have discovered the true joy of giving of yourself; the true joy of living!